Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wow! My official coming out!!

Today is a beautiful day! The sun is shining, the breeze is gentle. It's absolutely ripe for laying in the maca with a good read and a mint lemonade (mint from the garden, ofcourse!). If I could have one wish, these following books would appear in my maca with me: The Throwaway Piece by Jo Ann Hernandez White Bread Competition by Jo Ann Hernandez America Libre by Raul Ramos y Sanchez Dark Lullaby by Mayra Calvani Sunstruck by Mayra Calvani Okay, so I wouldn't be able to read them all today, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to put them down until I'm done. It's not the reviews that have me convinced, although they are all quite impressive. What convinces me that these books are quality reads is the quality of person of the authors. I feel so fortunate to have been introduced to these authors, and many more, through the group Nunca Sola . These authors have taken time out of their busy schedules to welcome me and support me as a writer. I have often felt alone in my quest to pursue writing as a career and these authors have helped take the edge off and given me the confidence to continue. I am eternally grateful and humbled by their generosity. Jo Ann Hernandez of authorslatino has invited me to be her first "blog brag". Not only did she publish my first public blurb, she went as far as providing me with feedback, and completely editing and reorganizing my piece into a cohesive statement! This kind of generosity and support, as I said earlier, is humbling. I feel so grateful. Since I have started to take myself seriously as a writer, I have found a world full of rejection and failures, mistakes and disappointments. It's no different really than the "other" world, but here it matters more. Fortunately I have also found that it's not all pain. I can share in other authors' accomplishments and I thrive upon learning of their successes. I firmly believe what makes writers endure is the unique comaraderie that we find when we open our hearts and search for it. Following my passion and truly believing in myself has been exhilerating, and I'm sure the ride has only just begun. So I invite you to come and check out my official coming out as a writer; there's no turning back now!

1 comment:

Musings Feed

musings