Friday, April 17, 2009

dreams crawl over me

I am a coward

I don’t understand

what it means to dream in Arabic

and rap in a foreign land

 

and the life and the love and the

strength

that powers on

through and again

 

that I see and I watch

through my three inch thick screen

 

wider

than that you know

 

that keeps me in touch

but still out of reach

 

there’s a tongue filled with grouse

far, far away in a wooded retreat

where I can cry

 

into my vodka

wishing

 

I was marching

through a funeral parade

a gas confrontation with

spears in the air

 

but somehow it doesn’t make sense

like my cowardice

my lowly retreat

is what everyone’s dying and

killing for

 

and it’s all a mistake

 

everything’s fine here

where  hearts yearn to live

no battle no struggle

no anger no hunger

 

no matter what else

I float in my sleep

and dreams

they crawl all over me

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musings Feed

musings